Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Work Hard, Play Harder, Love the Hardest


Growing up as the eldest of three siblings, and with responsibilities beyond my age, I learned how to be efficient so I can still devote some time with activities that make me happy. I remember, when I  was just a kid, making stationery and origami during the rainy season made me feel so happy. When the sun  was out, I played tex, or football, or tumbang preso, or taguan, or shato with my friends. I was such a boyish little girl. I had more guy friends than girl friends. Go figure. Anyway, I digress. I just thought of these memories coz I'm still trying to make sense of the way I am currently living my life.

The second week of February was quite challenging for me. Like I told you before, I accepted another full time job. Now, why the heck did I do that when I was already living a beautiful life?  I work hard, I play harder and I love the hardest. I guess it has something to do with my being efficient and more productive. You see, if I'm not busy with my job or tinkering with my personal projects, I spend hours just checking my social networks, emails, blogging and watching DVDs. Sure they bring me joy but then again, I'd rather exploit all my resources making a living out of something I love rather than doing what I love but wasting my energy, time and not earning money from it. Besides, I want to fund my new water sports activity, which is windsurfing,  without using our savings. Plus, I still have plans of conquering my trauma in surfing and my fear of scuba diving so I might as well earn as much as I can so I can use my additional income to fund my new and old hobbies. ^_^ Then all my hard work won't be for nothing. Like what Peter's boss told him once, "I'll rest when I'm dead." Hehehe.

Windsurfing at Lake Caliraya

That being said, I am thankful for my jobs, the sleepless days and nights when I also  try to squeeze in my other projects, and our wonderful weekends full of fun and adventure! (We got a couple of trips planned this summer. See my travel blog) And despite everything, I was still able to accomplish the following last week:

Practice, perseverance, and visualization... these are the keys to perfecting any craft.
  • I started with my windsurfing lessons last Saturday, yay!
  • I got to play with my guitar and drums (see videos I placed on my sidebar). I'm such an amateur but I don't care. I just studied on my own and look, I can play some tunes!
  • I continued reading my books.
  • I consulted with my Tarot cards and I was able to make readings for some friends.
  • My hubby helped me with the laundry
  • I was still able to clean the house.
  • I was able to blog.
The things that were taken from my schedule were:
  • about 30 minutes of meditation
  • about an hour of workout.... no more time to bike and exercise
  • no more time to cook
  • therefore, no more time for the other things I said I'd do!

Hmmmm...

Let me just get the hang of my new working schedule and I promise myself to make time even when there seems to be none.

This is my plan:

  • Meditate while stretching and exercising after I wake up each morning. Kahit 10 minutes lang.
  • Consult with my Tarot cards after breakfast.
  • Read a few pages of my books for  5 minutes each hour.  
  • Prepare easy dishes during my lunch break and while waiting for the food, I can play some tunes. I should start tinkering with our keyboards soon!
  • Ask Peter to water the plants before he leaves the house in the morning and to fix our bed every morning too.
  • Simple cleaning of the house in the morning and in the afternoon.
  • Bike ride for only  a few minutes after 6 pm.
  • Watch videos while I do my 2nd and 3rd jobs late at night and at dawn to keep me awake.
  • Play  a bit of Wii boxing and/or Soulcalibur and No More Heroes for a few minutes to jolt me from slumber in case I feel very sleepy. 
  • And on those weekends when we are not traveling, I will start making spa products and beaded accessories. 

Ok, that's it for now. I think I'm quite happy with what I came up with. Carpe diem, folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails