Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February is Here! What Have I Accomplished So Far?


The third and fourth week of January have been a blur because of work. I did most of the tasks I put on my agenda although there were some days when I was just so tired after my shift that I ended up glued in front of the TV watching 24 before going to bed when I should've played with my drums and guitars some more or started looking for an affordable driving school instead of just letting time pass by. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Anyway, I forgive myself. I'm only human after all. On the other hand, I did start to accomplish some of the things I said I would:
  • I now cook simple recipes more than usual (including Peter's breakfast).
  • I was able to memorize one song with my guitar.
  • I'm getting better with my basic rock drum beat (if I have the time, I'll try to produce a video of myself playing with my instruments just to give me that extra push).
  • I read a few pages of my books when I wake up and before I sleep (Oprah's Live Your Best Life, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love, Archie Comics, Paolo Coelho's Brida, Jack Canfield's Success Principles, Reader's Digest).
Furthermore, I would  like to take this opportunity to thank God and the universe for the additional blessings I  received last month:
  • I went on an 8-day Asian backpacking trip with one of my best girlfriends (we explored Singapore, Vietnam and Kuala Lumpur) and cured my fear of flying in the process.
  • I attended a free NLP (Nuerolinguistic) program in Cebu, all expenses paid (accommodation at Waterfront Hotel, buffet meals, and the free airline tickets).
  • An additional job that provides additional income for us.
And so now, I face February, the second month of the year. I will be changing my routine a bit. Because of my trip to Cebu last weekend, my body clock shifted and I am now working from dawn til  afternoon  and sleeping in the evening instead of working from evening til morning and sleeping in the afternoon. I will maintain my meditation practices, of course, but my workout routine will have to be done after work. The same goes for the other projects that I want to accomplish. This month, I have to start incorporating the following into my weekday schedule and devote less time to DVD watching (good luck to me!):

  • Level 2 of Drums
  • Guitar playing (memorize a new song)
  • Wind Surfing (one weekend)
  • Making Beaded Accessories
  • Biking / Wii / PSP
  • Play Keyboards
  • Tarot Card Reading

This does not mean that I will let go of the other stuff I've already started to accomplish. The way I see my plan is like this: By doing these little projects one by one, a time will come  when all of them will be a natural part of my daily routine. So even if I start doing something new, I will still be cooking, playing with my instruments, making beaded accessories, biking in the afternoon, etc. 

With that I welcome February! May it be filled with accomplishments, joy and more blessings. 

Carpe diem!

Chat soon!


2 comments:

  1. wow you're one good multi tasker talaga sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis, I appreciate the compliment. It can be tiring din coz aside from my personal projects, I do the household chores pati. But I am happy. This is the life I choose and I'm happy I'm living it. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails