Monday, January 18, 2010

An Experimental Schedule

My second week ended rather nicely. I went to a casting call, spent time with my girlfriends, did a bit of shopping (bought a KECCi backpack for traveling and a Jeep DSLR holster), watched several episodes of 24 and of course, spent some more time bonding with my hubby.

And now, my third week has started so awesomely.

I first woke up at 1:30, Monday afternoon, Philippine time. I drank my Vita Plus veggie juice, I did my meditation, pondered about one of the Para-Grams, ACCOMPLISHMENT, then read 13 chapters of my book, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff In Love by Richard Carlson, Ph.D. At around 2:30 pm, I went back to sleep.


Over the years, I learned to follow the needs of my body. I figured that I've been so used to working in U.S. time (Central Standard Time) therefore it's just right that I go back to sleep so I can function better all throughout the day.

Finally, I woke up at around 6:00 pm (which is only 4:00 AM CST), more alert and energetic than ever. In six hours, I was able to accomplish the following:


  • Did some rounds of kickboxing.
  • Did 20 minutes of yoga afterwards.
  • Cleaned around the house a bit.
  • Had some fruits.
  • Did a bit more research on trips I want to do this year.
  • Took a shower.
  • Prepared a healthy breakfast --- Tuna and Vegetable Sandwich & a Hot Pot of Green Tea.
  • Played with my drums. For the first time, I used my new pair of Vic Firth drum sticks which were Bim's Christmas gift to me two Christmases ago. Hihihi. They're quite heavy for me. My old Zildjian sticks are a lot lighter and for now, I play better with them. ^_^
  • Memorized a song with my guitar. Yipee! My thumbs are aching though. I need to practice regularly.
  • Read a few pages of Paolo Coelho's book, Brida.
  • Then I logged in for work, blogged a bit at Kicking Pinay and checked my social networks.
  • While working, I was able to use my Foot and Back Massager w/ Infrared Heat; I was able to finish uploading all the songs I love on my iTunes and right now I am using my Slender Shaper. You see I got so many stuff  I purchased impulsively in the past and which I never really use. So all that will change by not purchasing something I don't really need and using those that I already have. Good plan, right?
Anyway, I consider all these things very productive. On any ordinary day, I would've just spent those hours surfing the net about trivial stuff and watching 24 or one of my TV series/DVD movies..  totally unproductive as compared to what I have accomplished today so far.

It's now 5:30 AM (Philippine time) / 3:35 PM (Central Standard Time). I'm halfway through my job and currently taking a break by blogging about what I have accomplished so far.

When I log out later, I plan to water the plants, do some tarot card reading, read more of Brida  and say a prayer of gratitude before I go to sleep. ^_^

I feel so good about today that I may be using this kind of schedule from now on, or at least this week... until I get bored with it. The important thing is for me to be able to do a bit of everything that I set out to accomplish for this year and stop doing other mindless and unproductive stuff. Amen.

Chat soon!


3 comments:

  1. Jeeez.. and to think that after coming home from work at 9AM all I could do is surf the net and then sleep! Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Expanding Territories. I try my best each day to make each houre count. :-) Have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenn,

    Musta? Wow another cool blog :) ang sipag mo grabeh powers mo! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails