Sunday, June 20, 2010

Beading Supplies - Create Fashionable Accessories From Excess Supplies


These necklaces used to be trash among my beading supplies before. They're excess pieces which I didn't know what to do before. But since I started this hobby again, my creative juices, as well as my sense of inspiration and motivation to create and/or reconstruct pieces just keep on flowing.

I couldn't sleep last night so here are the necklaces I did:

These are made of leather strings. At both ends of the string, I attached some semi-precious stones. This style is quite versatile because you can wrap it around your neck, any way you want, to get the desired effect that can match your clothes.


~~~oOo~~~


For this one below, I also used a leather string. The center piece was actually a center piece for one of my old shoes. before I threw away those shoes of mine, I took out the center piece and used it to make a unique necklace piece instead. ^_^ It's fun turning trash into something pretty.

~~~oOo~~~


For this one below, I again used the remainder of my leather strings and just put various semi-precious stones and glass beads as pendant.The strings don't have locks in them, meaning, they're free flowing and you can tie them anyway you want to.

~~~oOo~~~


This one below used to be much longer and it was missing a lot of beads. I reconstructed it by cutting and re-attaching the wire, making sure that the pearls are placed symmetrically. Now, I can use it once more.

~~~oOo~~~


This one below is another broken necklace which has a missing pendant. I added a lobster claw clasp and hook at both ends and added a Carnelian piece of gemstone as pendant. Carnelian helps energize the blood, prevents lower back problems and diseases in the reproductive organs, kidneys, lungs, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. It also enhances creativity and concentration, plus it brings about prosperity.

~~~oOo~~~


I've had this bronze pendant with studded stones since forever, plus these bluish ivory and bronze earrings I never wear. I just figured, maybe I can used some ribbons to form a necklace, that can match the color of the earrings. I'm not yet done with the locks because I was already quite sleepy by then. So in the mean time, I tied both ends with safety pins instead. Quite avant garde, I think. ^_^



Making something beautiful out of supposed trash or excess crafts and beading supplies can really be fun. Now that I think about it, I also have a few real silver and pearl pieces that need repair as well. I hope to get my hands on them soon.

Til my next post. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I've always wanted to do something like this. I have so many broken necklaces or bracelets that might be something awesome when given the time to customize again! Would be nice to start something with it soon, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your beadwork. I enjoy reading your blog.

    I found a new beading store today so I posted it for every bead lover to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage look of that torquoise set <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails