Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jewelry Beads - Restarting An Old Hobby

Howdy!

I told you I'll be back sooner. When June started, I felt kind of pressured with the fact that it's already the middle of the year, and so far, I have only accomplished a few things on my new year's resolutions list. It's a good thing that I have been studying about beading at work and it inspired me to to once again create jewelry beads like I did before! Yup, I used to make and sell my own creations from 2004-2006. Then life happened and I got too busy doing other things. But now, I really feel like letting my creative juices flow once again. I know I'm a little bit rusty. In fact, when I restructured some old pieces I have and made some new ones, my hands were a bit shaky while I was handling the long nose and other beading supplies and tools. But I don't mind. Practice makes perfect and in so doing, it helps me feel a lot happier and more relaxed.

Let me show you the two sets I did so far:


This golden butterfly jewelry beads set is made up of tiny glass beads, mother of pearl and a thin, hard, golden butterfly foil (I don't exactly know what it's called but it can be bought at Simple Joy crafts store). The earrings have additional magnetic beads at the bottom to add weight when worn.



This second set of jewelry beads set is made up of semi-precious stones namely:
  • Agate - This is a micro crystalline kind of quartz silica. It is one of the ancient stones in recorded history. It brings physical balance, strength, healing, protects the wearer against bad dreams and reduces stress.
  • Amazonite - This is also called the Lucky Hope Stone or the "Amazon stone". It is a green types of of microcline feldspar. It helps calm the nervous system, brings about creativity and improves physical stamina (which I need because there are still other projects I want to accomplish before the year ends).
  • Goldstone - This is a kind of glass created with copper or copper salts in the presence of a reduced flame. It helps add vitality and energy.
  • Herkimer Diamond - This name is actually quite misleading. It is double-terminated quartz crystals. It was first discovered in the exposed outcrops of the town of Dolostone at Little Falls in Herkimer County, New York as well as the Mohawk River Valley. It helps release physical stress and tension and discharges toxicity from your system.
  • Unakite - This is also called epidote, which came from the Greek epidosis, which means "growing together". It is a combination of green epidote and red jasper that were solidly bound together. It is used to draw off negative energy, tends to lift your spirits when you are not feeling happy, and helps you to see the positive things in your life, to name a few.
I also included some oval glass beads for the bracelet and multicolored coconut beads for the necklace.


Now that I've once again started making and wearing jewelry beads, it's no wonder that I feel happier and more relaxed as of late. These jewelry beads are not just used to enhance the getup of the wearer, but they also aid in bringing about wellness.

Ciao for now! I wanna make more jewelry beads which I will share with you on my next post. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails