Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Why I Started This Blog

I was watching Julie and Julia earlier. It's a movie about the real stories of two people who both found joy in cooking. Not that I am particularly very passionate about cooking, I like to cook, just not all the time. The thing is, like both of them, I want to find that inner joy in me by doing something worthwhile. The challenge here now is this: I am interested in a lot of things. And most of the time, I just do whatever I want to do. Though it has been a dream come true for me to be having this kind of lifestyle, I sometimes find it unfulfilling. True, I can do whatever I want, when I want and how I want it but there has to be a system here somewhere. Like there should be some schedule that I should follow... like being in school. There has to be a particular goal and a particular deadline, like how Julie did it in the movie (500+ recipes in 365 days). But knowing how impatient and impulsive I always get, maybe I can chunk it down to like having a particular project every month. Like at the end of every month, I have to have something to show for it. It sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

Okay, right now, just off the top of my head, here are the projects that I came up with that I must follow through. I still don't have the perfect schedule though. I'll work it out on my next blog post.

1. Soap Making
2. Level 2 of Drums
3. Baking
4. Guitar playing (must memorize 4 songs)
5. Painting
6. Candle Making
7. Spa Making
8. Making Beaded Accessories
9. Play Keyboards (must memorize 2 songs)
10. Palm reading
11. Tarot Reading
12. Cooking

Wow! That's a lot. Do you think I can master all these things in 12 months? There's only one way to find out.

P.S.
Oh, and I want to vent out some real emotions here too. My other blogs seem to have no space for that anymore.

Chat soon!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! This seems to be a very interesting endeavor. Thanks for inspiring me. Like you, I want to do a lot of things with so little time in my hands (well, being corporately employed meh).

    I have a copy of Julie and Julia and I haven't watched it yet. Didnt know it is something worth watching. Yay to weekend, am gonna watch it na *giggles*

    Me wants to start something like this, too.

    Goodluck Jen! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cai!

    Do watch it na. When I bought the DVD, I just let it sit on my DVD rack... until I went to Cebu and my sister told me it was about a story of a blogger. That piqued my interest so when I got back home, I immediately watched it. It's so nice. You will love it!

    Thanks Cai! Cheers to us multitalented ladies. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails