Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Facing My Fears in 2010

Hi! I'm back!

Since I am doing these little personal projects which I have been putting on hold for the longest time (some of which for even a decade now), I figured, why not try to face my fears too and include them on this blog? There are three major things which I have always wanted to do but due to freaky past experiences, traumatized me and stopped me from bringing them to the next level. Here they are:

DRIVING LESSONS - Peter and I took A-1 driving lessons after we got married in 2002. It all went pretty well then... bam! After I cruised the whole of Edsa and some parts of Manila, I ended up crashing one of the curbed pavements of the subdivision where we lived before in Meycauayan. tsk, tsk, tsk.  Our Revo ended up with a broken steering wheel and I was of course traumatized. I tried getting over it. I even bought an A-1 Driver's Manual to help myself get back on track again.


Since the book wasn't enough, I tried harder getting over my trauma. In 2007, I bought a car that I love (Toyata Yaris) thinking that it will give me the motivation to drive. Well, as you can see, my plan backfired. My sister said that the motivation should come first before buying the actual car. In my case, the opposite happened. Whatever the case is, I am looking forward to learning how to drive this coming new year.
~~~oOo~~~

SURFING - It all started out pretty well. I first surfed in 2006 and continued to do so every chance I got.  I even bought a book to further enhance my skills. Then come December 2007, I almost drowned while surfing because of a strong underwater current.


Since then, I was never the same in wavy waters.  I want to get over this fear coz I had so much fun prior to the drowning experience. Plus, we need to use Didi (our yellow surfboard). It's just gathering dust now in the lanai.
~~~oOo~~~

SCUBA DIVING - Peter and I first had our fun dive in 2006. I had a hard time using the mask but eventually I got over it. I also had problems with the pressure... it hurt my ear.


Hopefully, this coming year, I'll be able to enroll in full scuba diving lessons, get over my fear of the water pressure and enjoy the beauty underwater.

Regarding the schedule which I am supposed to follow, I haven't figured that out yet. I'll be travelling to Singapore, Saigon and Kuala Lumpur first week of January (Jan.1-8, 2010). At least, I am facing my fear of flying head on. I'll be in a total of 6 flights. I hope I don't freak out as much since I won't be with my hubby, just my girlfriend.

Ciao for now. See you next year and have a prosperous and merry one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails